Annual Refresher Course for First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders
Although it is not mandatory, the HSE strongly recommend that HSE qualified First Aiders and Emergency First Aiders undertake an annual
refresher course in order to keep their skills up-to-date and refreshed.
The qualification period for both groups of First Aiders is 3-years. It was felt that this period was too long without any additional training.
A minimum of 3 hours, consisting of theoretical and practical activities.
A range of subjects is covered including:-
• Responsibilities • Communication skills
• Primary Assessment • Top-to-toe survey
• Recovery Position • Action for vomit
• Resuscitation • Chain of Survival
• Wounds and bleeding • Bandaging
A certificate of attendance will be issued.
It is recommended that no more than 16 students attend this course.
Students from the age of 14 can attend this course.